Discover our journey.
Since being founded in 1993 by President and CEO Rick Campbell, ICAT Logistics has made incredible transformations over the last two and a half decades. From humble beginnings as a small outfit to our current position as a large global player, ICAT has experienced quite a ride. How we got from Day 1 to today can be explained simply with our mission statement: to help all those we touch grow positively. This is ICAT in a nutshell. It’s what motivates us to provide the best for the best. So whether we’re enjoying a healthy debate internally or working hand-in-hand with one of our valued customers, this is what we live and breathe.
Of course, fulfilling our mission is much easier said than done. It takes true dedication and determination from all our employees, partners, and agents across the globe. Here’s how we actually pull it off:
1. Hiring right and getting to the WOW!
Turning our mission into action begins with our ICAT teammates. Since Rick founded the company, the goal has always been to recruit, hire, and train our employees based on their strengths and how those strengths apply to their job to make our team stronger. By ensuring that our teammates truly understand our mission, we empower them to make the right choices and deliver the best service possible to make things happen for our clients. This results in that WOW feeling we pride ourselves on providing for all parties involved.
2. Never forgetting who we are.
Today, it’s tough to find and do business with a customer-focused company. At ICAT Logistics, the customer always comes first. We realize though that in order to provide the highest value for our customers, we must also take care of our own company’s health. That’s why we are committed to staying on the leading edge of corporate responsibility. From maintaining employee satisfaction and creating an environmental impact through various programs, we’re proud to have earned many awards and accolades over the years.
3. Keeping our eye on the prize.
It sounds simple, but establishing a single-minded objective has had tremendous power in motivating our entire team to deliver the very best service and solutions for our customers. Our ultimate goal is to be the #1 agency-based freight forwarder in the United States. In the beginning, this was just a dream. But thanks to our dedicated staff, our established relationships around the world, and our hard-earned reputation, this dream has turned into a very real possibility. With an exclusive program that is fully dedicated to our agency partners, we truly can’t wait to see what the future holds for our current and potential client relationships.
Lastly, we have a code by which we conduct our business. While we encourage and nurture individualism and personal growth, we do so with an absolute adherence to the core values within this code.
Our Core Values:
- Integrity: The first step in living by a set of core values is making sure they’re more than just lip service. That’s why we hold ourselves and our team members to unwavering honesty, character, and accountability at every turn.
- Loyalty: We are faithfully adherent to our course of action and pledge to our employees, clients, partners, and vendors. ICAT still counts three of the original four employees, along with our first agency partner, as key members of the team.
- Commitment: Our pledge begins with how dedicated we are to communicating and caring for each member of our team, our vendors, and our customers. We are committed to listen, include, provide, encourage, and recognize.
- Passion: Our passion stems from delivering on our commitments and working toward positive results. While our departmental goals vary throughout the organization, our focus is the same—to help all those we touch grow positively.
- Respect: We believe that respect means truly taking someone’s feelings, needs, thoughts, ideas, wishes, and preferences into consideration and then acting when appropriate. Respect includes acknowledging people, actively listening to them, being truthful and upfront at all times, and accepting their individuality and idiosyncrasies.
Care and patience: The key to growth.
ICAT Logistics opened its doors in a modest, one-room office space just outside of Baltimore, MD. The first order of business for founder Rick Campbell and his small team? Clearing out the past tenant’s trash that was left behind. Among the mess was a potted plant that appeared to be completely dead. Just as one of the original ICAT team members was about to toss it, Rick said, “Let’s see if we can save it.”
After weeks of feeding, pruning, re-potting, and watering the plant, a new sprout appeared. With continued care over the next few months, it kept improving. As ICAT grew, the plant grew, too. It wasn’t until a few years in and one office upgrade later that the team realized the plant they loved wasn’t a plant at all. It was a tree!
Just like ICAT, the tree has seen its good days and its bad days. It has spent times lying dormant, and it has surprised everyone with quick growth spurts. Yet despite all the ups and downs, it’s as healthy and strong today as it’s ever been. As ICAT has expanded its agency network in the U.S. and throughout the world with its global affiliate partners, the tree has been right there with us. Currently, it resides in CEO Rick Campbell’s office, and serves as a constant reminder of our mission—to help all those we touch grow positively.